Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not your regular spaghetti chili! This is a recipe my grandmother has been making for as long as I can remember, a real family favorite...even for the kids! And easy too. I always liked it with saltines crumbled on top, corn bread is good with it as well. You can use a 29 oz. can of small red beans instead of the kidney beans.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1304.07 g can tomato juice, NOT V8 juice
- 6 (2551.45 g) canfranco american canned spaghetti and sauce
- 2 (850.48 g) can kidney beans
- chili powder (optional)
- Chop onion.
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- In a separate big pot mix together tomato juice, spaghetti, and beans.
- Add drained ground beef and heat through.
I didn't think I'd ever find this recipe again! Happy childhood memories, thank you! :)
This was one of my favorite meals as a kid! My mom made it without the beans or chili powder - it's hardly what I would call chili now, but I sure loved it when I was a kid. Thanks for the memories!