Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A friend of mine brought some of this into work for me to try and I had to get the recipe. It's delicious! I submitted this exactly how it was given to me. I used thin spaghetti (my preference), melted the cream cheese almost all the way before mixing with spaghetti, mixed the ground beef with tomato sauce before layering (by mistake).
- 226.79 g spaghetti
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 226.79 g cream cheese (cut up)
- 453.59 g ground beef, cooked and drained (crumbly)
- 850.48 g spaghetti sauce
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- season with salt and pepper (or anything else as you see fit)
- The recipe calls for a 9x13 casserole, but I usually split it between two 8x8 pans (increasing the spaghetti, beef, sauce and mozarella slightly if needed) and freeze one of them for another time.
- Cook the spaghetti and drain, but don't rinse.
- Put it right back in the warm pot and add the cream cheese.
- Blend the cream cheese until melted with the spaghetti and then blend in the sour cream.
- Put spaghetti mixture into greased pan.
- Layer some of the mozarella, then the beef, then a little more mozarella.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce across and then put the rest of the mozarella on top.
- Bake at 350 (or maybe 375?) for 30- 35 minutes- until a knife comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5 or 10 minutes.
HUGE hit at my house full of men! They insist that I do not make spaghetti any other way and have to agree with them. This is so easy, flavorful and freezes great. Like others noted, instead of layering, I just mixed all ingredients together and put in casserole and topped with the cheese before baking. Instead of spaghetti sauce, I used 1 lg. can of chopped tomatoes and 1 lg. can of pureed tomato. I used a blend of shredded cheese and I like that better than just mozzarella.
Thanks for posting!!
My whole family loved it! I made a few addition while cooking the meat: 2 Italian sausages (casings removed and crumbled), chopped onion and garlic....oh, and used prob closer to 3 c mozz cheese-hey, there can never be too much cheese! this dish was wonderful and will def be a regular meal at our house!
This was very tasty and easy to make. It easily makes 8 servings. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese, light sour cream, and a 32 oz jar of Classico Tomato and Basil pasta sauce. I browned the ground beef with 1 tsp minced garlic and after draining the beef, I added salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. I used a shredded Italian cheese blend. I split it into 2 dishes; baked one and refrigerated the other for a family. Thanks for sharing.