Recipe by Anniepants927
This dish is one that my mom has made since I was a kid. It is very simple to make and everyone loves it! It's a kid pleaser and it freezes well!
- 8 -10 hot Italian sausage links, cut into pieces
- 1 good sized onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 green pepper, sliced (red and yellow pepper are great too)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked and drained (you may not need the whole package)
- 4 cups canned crushed tomatoes (2 26 oz. cans)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausages in frying pan. Remove and drain on paper towels if desired. Put in bowl large enough to hold other ingredients as they are ready.
- In the drippings from the sausage, add onion, garlic, and green pepper(s). Brown slightly and add to sausages.
- In another bowl, empty tomatoes and thicken with flour. Then add to above ingredients.
- Add cooked spaghetti. Eyeball it to your liking.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Place in a casserole dish(9X13) and sprinkle top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- **If you want more of a spaghetti "sauce" you might decide to add the diced tomatoes before placing ingredients in casserole dish. Eyeball it.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.