Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This one the whole family will love. It always turns out great and even reheats well. Much of the flavor of this dish depends on the pasta sauce you use. I found one with fire-roasted tomatoes that was lovely, adding a bit of spice to the otherwise mild flavoring.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (from one small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups of your favorite red pasta sauce
- 1 cup pre-shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti (8 ounces uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons pre-shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until beef is browned all over and cooked through.Drain.
- Transfer beef to large bowl. Add mushroom soup, pasta sauce, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cooked spaghetti, and 1/2 cup water. Stir to mix.
- Transfer spaghetti mix to a 13-by-9-inch(3 quart)glass or ceramic baking dish and sprinkle all but 1 tablespoon of remaining cheddar and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan over the top.
- Bake spaghetti until it bubbles and the cheese has melted,18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle on remaining tablespoon of each cheese and serve at once.
This is a fantastic recipe. Thank you so much for posting it!!!
I thought that this was really good!My mom who loves spaghetti thought that this was the best.To make it a lttle more healthy I used the healty cream soup and the whole wheat pasta.I think that it turn out great.thanks for a great recipe!