Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy to make casserole with a great taste. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. Delicious. Good for a company or a weekday meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- Brown ground beef. Drain off grease. Add butter, onion, garlic, and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender. . Stir occasionally.
- Add and heat soups, water, cooked and drained spaghetti, and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Place in a 3 quart casserole. Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
My Grandma used to make this...it was our favorite meal! She always used Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp cheddar cheese. She hand-grated it and stirred 1 cup in the soup mixture and topped the casserole with another cup. She called it "Spaghetti Amore" and it was one of her most-requested recipes of all-time. Grandma is gone, but this is still a family favorite! It freezes well (both baked and unbaked) and is also great reheated.