Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hey! I bet the whole family will love this one. If the kids don't like olives leave them out. You can substitute chopped red pepper for the pimentos. Add hot peppers. Have fun, play with the ingredients
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced, cooked crisp (save 2 tbsp of bacon dripping)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained, chopped
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet put the 2 tbsp of bacon dripping add onions and sauté until tender (3 minutes).
- Add beef and cook until crumbly.
- Cook broken spaghetti until tender in a pot of boiling water.
- Drain and rinse the spaghetti with cold water.
- To the skillet add cooked spaghetti, tomatoes (with juice), peas, half of the pimentos, half of the olives and half of the cheese, mix with a fork until well blended.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Heat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Butter a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Turn meat mixture into the casserole and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, pimentos and olives.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.