Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This does not have the cream that most recipes for carbonara call for, but it is delicious nonetheless, and probably less calories. Quick and easy, it makes a wonderful late night dinner.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Cook chicken broth, wine, garlic, butter, and bacon in skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti and drain, but DO NOT rinse. Put back into pan.
- Add pepper and salt to spaghetti, then stir in the chicken broth mixture, coating spaghetti well.
- Beat eggs. Add eggs and parmesan cheese to spaghetti mixture. Continue to stir until spaghetti is completely coated and eggs are set. It should take about 1 minute.