Recipe by Kayne
This does not have the cream that most recipes for carbonara call for, but it is delicious nonetheless, and probably less calories. Quick and easy, it makes a wonderful late night dinner.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken broth, wine, garlic, butter, and bacon in skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti and drain, but DO NOT rinse. Put back into pan.
- Add pepper and salt to spaghetti, then stir in the chicken broth mixture, coating spaghetti well.
- Beat eggs. Add eggs and parmesan cheese to spaghetti mixture. Continue to stir until spaghetti is completely coated and eggs are set. It should take about 1 minute.