Recipe by Boomette
Taken on the blog Eat, Live, Run
Top Review by under12parsecs
I could have absolutely eaten every last morsel even if this had been Spaghetti Carbonara for 10...come to think of it, I may just do that next time :) That said, this was the easiest carbonara recipe I have tried to date and possibly the best. I LOVED the garlic and bacon, and this method for the egg/sauce produced such a lovely, silky, decadent sauce. The only change I made was to whisk the egg with 2 t whipping cream for a little added richness and added a bit of fresh parsley for color. Thanks Boomette! Made for ZWT 7.
- 2 ounces spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 1 strip bacon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- generous grating fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet. Remove and drain on paper towel before crumbling.
- Add the minced garlic to the bacon grease and cook until fragrant (about thirty seconds). Remove from heat.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water. Drain and immediately place back in the pot with the bacon, bacon grease and garlic. Place pot back on the stove over low heat, add the beaten egg and whisk continuously for three minutes, or until the egg cooks and thickens, creating a silky sauce over the noodles. Be careful not to stop whisking or the egg will scramble!
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.