Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy meal that is low in fat.
Make and share this Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (1-1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain the pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ham, and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add pasta, and stir well.
- Combine cheese and the next 4 ingredients (cheese through garlic), stirring with a whisk.
- Add the reserved pasta liquid to egg mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta mixture; stir well.
- Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly (do not boil).
- Sprinkle with pepper.
with this technique i ended up with a scrambled egg pasta :( i think putting the pasta and egg mixture back in a heated pan and cooking it will give the scrambled egg outcome.
This recipe was very yummy and so easy to make! I used turkey bacon instead of ham, since it's what I had on hand (I omitted the salt since ham or bacon are so salty). I also used 2 cloves of garlic since I really like garlicky flavor. I used rotini instead of spaghetti, and I imagine you could use just about any pasta shape.
This recipe was very easy to make and very tasty. I will definitely make it again. It's fantastic how low in fat it is.