1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Carbonara
Douglas Poe's Note:
Quick and easy recipe we used to make in College.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up bacon/pancetta into small squares; add to a sauté pan along with garlic and onion cook over medium high heat.
- 2Simmer for 30 minutes; do not let mixture boil.
- 3During last 10 minutes of simmering add crushed red pepper flakes if using. In a bowl, beat 4 eggs with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 4Meanwhile cook spaghetti according to package.
- 5Drain and immediately add egg mixture to pasta. (The pasta needs to be really hot in order for the eggs to cook).
- 6Stir until eggs are cooked.
- 7Mix into sauté pan and toss with the grated Parmesan cheese until combined.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.5 mg
- Sodium 655.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 38.3 g