Prep 10 mins
Cook 42 mins
Quick and easy recipe we used to make in College.
- 8 -12 thick slices bacon (Italian bacon) or 8 -12 thick slices pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packages spaghetti
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cut up bacon/pancetta into small squares; add to a sauté pan along with garlic and onion cook over medium high heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes; do not let mixture boil.
- During last 10 minutes of simmering add crushed red pepper flakes if using. In a bowl, beat 4 eggs with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti according to package.
- Drain and immediately add egg mixture to pasta. (The pasta needs to be really hot in order for the eggs to cook).
- Stir until eggs are cooked.
- Mix into sauté pan and toss with the grated Parmesan cheese until combined.