Recipe by Carol in Oz
Authentic flavours to your table in 15 minutes! Guaranteed to impress, easy to make, faster than take-away! Always a favourite in my house, made with the simplest of ingredients.
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 cup pancetta
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream, thickened cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. By the time the spaghetti is cooked, the sauce will be ready and you will be ready to eat!
- Chop pancetta (or bacon, procuitto) roughly
- Finely mince parsley to garnish with later.
- Pop some pre-made garlic bread in the oven under the broiler to serve with your meal, 6 mins to table!
- Add olive oil and garlic to non-stick pan and fry pancetta until tender-crisp.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- This is where you have to work fast!
- Drain cooked spaghetti into colander and pour immediately back into hot pot, do NOT rinse!
- Cover to keep pasta hot, but do NOT put back over heat or you will end up with scrambled eggs, not a gourmet masterpiece guaranteed to impress!
- Quickly pour egg and cream mixture over pasta and stir to ensure sauce cooks without clumping.
- Add cook pancetta, fresh grated parmesan and top with parsley to serve.