Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
I was looking for a way to use up some left-over bacon and modified an old recipe to make this deliciously comforting, creamy, cheesy pasta sauce. I served it over spaghetti, but you could serve it over any pasta of your choice.
- 12 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and kept warm
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spatula and place in a single layer between two pieces of paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Combine egg, milk and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture coats the bottom curve of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Add cooked bacon, parmesan cheese, scallions and pepper to sauce and stir gently to combine.
- Serve over spaghetti (or any pasta of your choice).