Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the simplest yet most impressive pasta dishes, enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 210 g pancetta, diced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup veal stock or 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup 35% cream
- 3 tablespoons bella lodi cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, heat the garlic, pancetta and pepper in the olive oil, cooking until pancetta is lightly browned.
- Deglaze with the stock and wine. Allow to reduce for several minutes over high heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and cheeses (reserve a little cheese for garnish). Add salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until just al dente.
- Drain the pasta. Place in the pan with the liquid. Remove from heat and add the pancetta and the egg mixture.
- Stir quickly. Transfer to a heated serving platter and serve with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese and chopped parsley.