Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I got from my old boss
- 6 -12 ounces prosciutto ham
- 3 pints half-and-half
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 12 hard boiled egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Start by chopping the ham into small chunks.
- ( I roll the sliced ham before cutting).
- Take the eggs and peel the shells and discard the whites. put the egg yolks, parmesan cheese, and pepper and oregano in a bowl and use a fork to break up the eggs.
- Next, put the Ham in the bowl and add the half and half.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan and simmer over low heat( add cornstarch if it is not thick enough). This can be done while the noodles are cooking.
- When done serve over noodles of your choice like any other pasta sauce.
This is really good. Simple to make. For us the only thing it is missing is some asiago cheese. Will make this again. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008!