Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple dish, courtesy of Mario Batali via "Food & Wine" magazine. He uses two kinds of cheese which are both combination cheeses. So I guess this is a four cheese dish!
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- Cook spaghetti, al dente, in salted water according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, and return spaghetti to the pot.
- Add cooking liquid, 2 tablespoons at a time, alternating with the cheeses, tossing well to get a saucy consistency.
- Stir in pepper and any additional liquid, if needed; season with salt if necessary.
So few ingredients to turn out so much flavor. I'd heard about this on an Italian site that I enjoy and came here and found your recipe to try. So glad I did, one of the best pasta dishes I've ever made, I followed the directions exactly, and as cheese is the star of the show - used the best quality I could find and freshly grated it. DH even suggested in the future might add a few sprinkles of crushed red pepper for a little added zing. But this is a 5 star just the way it stand. Try it - you'll love it
My family could not get enough of this.LOVED IT! Will make this over and over- very easy!! Made for Witchin Kitchen and ZWT7.