1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Cacio E Pepe (Cheese and Pepper)
This is a very simple dish, courtesy of Mario Batali via "Food & Wine" magazine. He uses two kinds of cheese which are both combination cheeses. So I guess this is a four cheese dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook spaghetti, al dente, in salted water according to package directions.
- 2Drain spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, and return spaghetti to the pot.
- 3Add cooking liquid, 2 tablespoons at a time, alternating with the cheeses, tossing well to get a saucy consistency.
- 4Stir in pepper and any additional liquid, if needed; season with salt if necessary.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Cacio E Pepe (Cheese and Pepper)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese