Recipe by threeovens
This is a very simple dish, courtesy of Mario Batali via "Food & Wine" magazine. He uses two kinds of cheese which are both combination cheeses. So I guess this is a four cheese dish!
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti, al dente, in salted water according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, and return spaghetti to the pot.
- Add cooking liquid, 2 tablespoons at a time, alternating with the cheeses, tossing well to get a saucy consistency.
- Stir in pepper and any additional liquid, if needed; season with salt if necessary.