Recipe by Polly W
Another family favorite that is always made for any gathering! Even though my sisters, brother and I love to cook, we still like to make our favorite comfort foods. This serves a lot and can be made the day ahead which make it an easy dish to bring. I love Ronzoni Smart Taste or Dreamfields pasta when I cook.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmm, polly, what a great casserole!!! I made 1/3 of the recipe using wholegrain spaghetti and a different cheese and it came out so super yummy! Very creamy and nice! My only change next time would be to include some sort of seasoning as this way it was a little bland. Maybe some garlic and Italian herbs. Also Id double up the onion as that was such a tasty addition! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this winner of a recipe with us! The whole family enjoyed it! :)
- 3⁄4 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 24 ounces chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed and drain well.
- Thaw broccoli and drain well.
- Melt butter in 10 inch fry pan add onion and cook for 10 min on medium heat, add broccoli and mix well.
- Slice Velveeta cheese.
- Grease bottom on 13x9 pan with butter.
- Put 1/2 cooked pasta in bottom of pan top with 1/2 Velveeta cheese slices add 1/2 mixture of broccoli.
- Add remaining pasta,and broccoli then top with remaining cheese.
- Pour milk over top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 350°F for 40-45 minutes.