Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quicker version of the slow simmering sauce.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely choopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently to break it up, until browned, 6-8 minutes. Add the onion. Carrot, celery, bell pepper and garlic cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, beef broth, tomato paste, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and gently simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Add the sour cream and cook, uncovered, until the sauce is thickened, about 25 minutes longer. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Garnish with cheese.