1 hr 50 mins
Ben Ross's Note:
This is an old traditional Italian dish that is huge in Australia. Very yummy, and everything but the noodles can freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic, stir continually for 2 minutes.
- 2Turn heat up to high add mince, cook for 3 minutes or until the mince is nice and brown.
- 3Make sure all the mince has broken up properly.
- 4Add undrained, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and basil.
- 5Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- 6Leave the pot uncovered and stir occasionally for 1 and a half hours or until the sauce has thickened.
- 7Cook the spaghetti in boiling water 20 minutes before serving and drain the water.
- 8Proportion out the spaghetti and meat sauce and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of each plate.
- 9*tip: you can save time by making the sauce in advance and freezing it and then reheating it again when needed.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 547.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 43.9 g