Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another lovely recipe I found on Taste.com from Super Food Ideas magazine August 2003. I have made this twice now and although it has a beautiful flavoured sauce, it is not too spicy for kids. I added some chopped capsicum and fresh basil to the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g prosciutto, finely chopped (can sub bacon)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700 g lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 800 g diced tomatoes, Italian if available
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, shaved to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, add prosciutto, onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook for 8 to 10 mins, stirring often, until vegetables are soft.
- Increase heat to high, add mince and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until browned, then add wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock and water, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta following packet directions and combine pasta with bolognaise sauce, sprinkle with parmesan shavings and serve.