Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Unauthentic but easy and yummy. The kind of food kids and grown-ups can agree with (though probably not very healthy).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion (chopped medium sized)
- 500 g beef mince
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce or 3 tablespoons ketchup
- chili flakes
- 400 g tomato soup (large can of Heinz serves well)
- 3⁄4 cup red wine (dry is preferable)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock (or 1 cup of water and a stock cube)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 500 g spaghetti (500 g uncooked)
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic till just wilted.
- Add beef to onion and garlic and brown (3-5 minutes).
- Add herbs and red wine and simmer till most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add tomato sauce/ketchup, tomato paste, soup, stock, salt, pepper and chilli. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve sauce of spaghetti with parmesan cheese.