Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I use pasta in many of my dishes, here is an easy to make, and delicious casserole you are sure to enjoy...if you desire, the spaghetti could be replaced with penne or spiral paste.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 9 slices cooked bacon
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 quart good quality tomato juice (Heinz is good)
- 3 cups sliced uncooked potatoes
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups celery, diced
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a large-size casserole dish.
- brown beef with minced garlic, salt and pepper and onions; drain off any fat.
- transfer ground beef to casserole dish.
- on top of ground beef, layer the celery and spaghetti.
- pour the two cans of mushroom soup over the mixture.
- sprinkle the chopped cooked bacon over top of soup.
- pour the tomato juice over the bacon.
- sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- cover, and bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- uncover casserole the last 15 mins of baking.