Recipe by cookCol
I've had this recipe for so long I don't remember where it came from. A 16 ounce can of bean sprouts can be substituted for the fresh, but if you can find fresh use them.
- 7 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 -3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium celery rib, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- sliced radish, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Break vermicelli into 2 inch pieces;cook as directed on package. Rinse under running cold water;drain.
- Mix mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in vermicelli, bean sprouts, celery, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and peas.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Stir in cashews when ready to serve.
- Garnish with radishes.