Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A vegggie version of the British favourite dish.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 4.92 ml rosemary, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 591.48 ml passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- 2 (793.78 g) canned mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, Shaved, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion, carrot and celery and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then increase heat to medium, add wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rosemary, bay leaf, passata and stock, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Add beans and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding more stock or water if the sauce is too thick.
- Stir through parsley and season.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain, toss through sauce and serve with parmesan.