Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A vegggie version of the British favourite dish.
Make and share this Spaghetti Bean Bolognese (Vegetarian) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄4 pints passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 (14 ounce) canned mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, Shaved, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion, carrot and celery and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then increase heat to medium, add wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rosemary, bay leaf, passata and stock, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Add beans and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding more stock or water if the sauce is too thick.
- Stir through parsley and season.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain, toss through sauce and serve with parmesan.