Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful and simple variety of Spaghetti alla Carbonara. The recipe is from A-M Rank's book "Pizza och pasta" from 1977.
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta (salted belly of pork)
- lard or margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- coarsely crushed black pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 eggs
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Fry the Pancetta slowly with a little additional fat until slightly crispy. Add generously coarsely black pepper.
- Mix spaghetti and Pancetta. Serve with Parmesan, the raw yolk of the egg and extra black pepper.