Recipe by Vignola
This is a family classic that my Mom would actually kill me for sharing - but it's too good not to! My brother kills for this recipe to this day...I personally savor it for special occasions.
Top Review by kjshay
Great recipe! I didn't make any substitutions except that I used fresh garlic. I would never have thought to combine green onions and mushrooms in a sauceless pasta, but it was a great change from broccoli, which is what I normally use. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic (Christopher Ranch chopped preferred)
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. You can also substitute butter for olive oil to make a lighter version, or use a combination of both. Once melted, add the garlic and chopped onions. When onions are translucent, add the Pork Sausage. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until the sausage looks done. Add in the chopped green onions and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are done, about 5 more minutes.
- Boil your spaghetti to al-dente, in parallel of this fantastic sauceless-sauce.
- Then enjoy with some grated parm-reggiano cheese and top off with a glass of wine!