Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tuna meatballs is a new one for me but it sounds interesting and I am always up for making comfort food more healthy. I found this recipe in the Autumn 2008 copy of BBC Easy Cook magazine. The recipe states that the meatballs can be frozen.
- Flake the tuna into a bowl.
- Tip in the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs and egg.
- Season and mix together with your hands until completely combined.
- Roll the mix into 12 walnut-sized balls.
- Put a large pan of water on to boil, then cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions.
- Heat a little of the reserved tuna oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Then fry the tuna balls for 5 minutes, turning every minute or so until completely golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat the spaghetti sauce and then toss together with the pasta and tuna balls.