Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know this sounds bizarre, but it really is good! This is a recipe that came from a family with eleven kids. It used to be a budget stretcher for them, back in the days when Spam was cheap! This is also very quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 can Spam
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on box.
- Slice spam lengthwise into 1/2" x 1/2" wide strips.
- Add spam to spaghetti sauce in medium saucepan and bring to boil, turn heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon over individual servings of spaghetti.
It might sound strange, but this was excellent. The "jar" sauce was much sweeter than I am used to for a sauce. I was in a hurry this time I made it, next time I will make my own sauce. My son loves spam, it is HIS comfort food. I am not crazy about spam, but it tasted pretty good to me too. Yes, I will make this again.
Very good recipe, tasted great and was budget friendly.
I love this simple and great tasting recipe! I fry up the spam until their almost burned, that way they taste really crispy! Yummy! :)