1/1 Photo of Spaghetti and Mince Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Mince (ground beef) is so versatile, this is one of my favourites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g spaghetti (sometimes I use a little more)
- 1 onion
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 (410 g) can tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti in large pot boiling salted water for 10 minutes and drain.
- 2Brown beef and onion together in medium pot and cook for 5 minutes, pour off surplus fat.
- 3Add tomato puree, cinnamon, bay leaf and salt and pepper, bring to boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- 4Discard bay leaf.
- 5Spread half the spaghetti over base of an ovenproof dish, top with half beef mixture, repeat layer of spaghetti and beef mixture.
- 6Pour sauce over top, sprinkle with parmesan.
- 7Bake uncovered in moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- 8Sauce- Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour, add milk, stir until sauce boils and thickens.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti and Mince Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.7
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 452.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 44.4 g