- 250 g spaghetti (sometimes I use a little more)
- 1 onion
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 (410 g) can tomato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in large pot boiling salted water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Brown beef and onion together in medium pot and cook for 5 minutes, pour off surplus fat.
- Add tomato puree, cinnamon, bay leaf and salt and pepper, bring to boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Spread half the spaghetti over base of an ovenproof dish, top with half beef mixture, repeat layer of spaghetti and beef mixture.
- Pour sauce over top, sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered in moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- Sauce- Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour, add milk, stir until sauce boils and thickens.