Recipe by LAURIE
April Fools day prank...from a family magazine website this looked hysterical and sounds like fun to make! Measurments are guessed as there were none on the recipe and I have yet to make this.
- 1 slice poundcake (or use a cupcake)
- 1 (15 ounce) containerstore-bought buttercream frosting
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 6 -8 chocolate malted milk balls
- 1⁄3 cup blanched walnuts or 1⁄3 cup almonds
- 2 -3 tablespoons coconut
- green sprinkles
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ladyfingers, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a half of cupcake (top or bottom) or a half a slice of pound cake in the center of a each plate.
- Spoon the buttercream frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a large, circular tip and pipe it in a looping fashion around the sides of the cake to look like spaghetti - do not frost the top.
- Divide and spoon strawberry ice cream sauce on top of the cake to cover.
- Drizzle a little over portions of the spaghetti as well.
- For the meatballs, use a butter knife to rough up the surface of three or four chocolate covered malt balls.
- Place them on top of the "sauce.".
- For the parmesean cheese, crush a handful of blanched almonds or walnuts in a blender and then sprinkle the pieces over the sauce and "meatballs.".
- For the garlic bread, toast some coconut (for garlic) in a shallow baking pan at 350°, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- For butter, melt 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a double broiler or heat them in a microwave for about 1 and 1/2 minutes at half power and stir until smooth.
- Spread the melted white chocolate on the toasted lady fingers.
- Top with the toasted coconut and green sprinkles for parsley.
- Place 2 "garlic breads" next to each plate of spaghetti.