Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the local supermarket were we are holidaying and they give a second recipe to use leftovers which I have posted at the end of directions. Times are for the main recipe.
- Placer beef, onion, oregano, grated zucchini, carrot and egg in a large bowl and using hands, mix well and form into small sized balls.
- Heat a large non stick frypan and cook meatballs in batrches, over medium heat, until browned and cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce a bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover with alid or foil and simmer for 20 minutes and then add broccoli florets for last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti until tender and drain and toss together with meatballs and serve with parmesan cheese.
- LEFT OVERS - Meatball Salad (serves 2 preperation time 10 minutes) - make the salad by combining lettuce leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, blanched broccoli florets, diced lebanese cucumber and crumbled feta cheese and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinigar. Place leftover meatballs on top of salad and serve. ALTERNATIVELY - serve meatballs with batons of cut/raw vegetables such as capsicum, cherry tomatoes, carrot and celery.
After reading the previous review, I did make some minor adjustments. I decided to leave out the carrota, with the zucchini, I microwaved it, and then put them in the oven for 5 minutes, after that the juices were not that bad. For the meatballs, I baked them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. With that said, the ending result was fine here. Made for one fine meal for dinner that we all enjoyed, I did halve this, and served with my zucchini meatloaf recipe to make a complete dinner. Made and tagged for Market Tag.
A healthy dinner but I had to make a few changes. The meatballs would not stick together so I either had to bake them (so I wouldn't have to stir them around) or remake them with breadcrumbs. I baked them at 450C for about 15 minutes. I think that part of the problem is that the zucchini was very wet and so the mixture was too wet. I also made half of the recipe and there is way too much here for the 4 of us! I would recommend that you add some garlic and more seasonings to this dish as we all salt and peppered it. It was very good but just needed some tweaks! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)