1/1 Photo of Spaghetti and Meatballs
1 hr 30 mins
The BEST spaghetti & meatballs recipe we've ever had. I got this from an Italian friend and it's extremely easy. You'll never want to make it any other way after trying this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- italian seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup red wine
- 1 cup fennel head, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- garlic salt
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- fennel seed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) box thin spaghetti
- 1Mix together ground beef, Italian sausage, 1 tsp minced garlic, a sprinkle of fennel seed, small onion, dash of garlic salt, dash of pepper, dash of salt, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, eggs.
- 2Roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees until done (about 20 minutes).
- 3Sauté in 4 1/2 QT or bigger pan, medium onion, 1/2 TBL chopped garlic, chopped fennel in olive oil until onion is tender. Add 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, red wine, 1 tsp fennel seed, dash of garlic powder, dash of salt & pepper and 1 TBL sugar.
- 4Add the meatballs when they're done baking.
- 5Let simmer for an hour or more. Pan will be very full. I usually use a little less tomato sauce, so it's not so full.
- 6Serve over spaghetti noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti and Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 1821.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano