Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is one I received from a good friend. It is the spaghetti recipe I always make now as my family just loves it! I usually add extra garlic because we really like it and I have started using fresh shredded parmesan cheese but in the past have used the stuff in the green container! I have been known to start this in the morning and let it simmer all day. Oh, the aroma!!! (Wouldn't let me enter 2 (1 lb. 12 oz.) cans of tomato puree.)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 country rib
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cracker meal
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup parsley flakes
- Place everything in a large pot and start on medium heat.
- Add 2 large cans of water and stir.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Add more water if thickening too fast.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Roll into meatballs then place in baking dish and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes until browned.
- Add to sauce immediately while sauce is cooking.