Barb Gertz's Note:
This is so good, quick & easy to make, Kids will love it. Thicker than soup, yet thinner than stew. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread, Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, from the heart,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups tomato sauce (or 1 14-ounce can plus 1 8-ounce can)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork and veal,I like ground turkey)
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano or 1/2 cup romano cheese, plus
- additional parmigiano or romano cheese, to pass at table
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lb spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 1Preheat a medium soup pot over medium heat; add olive oil, carrots, onions, celery, garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- 2Add tomato sauce, chicken stock and cover pot; turn up heat and bring to a fast boil; while soup comes cooks make meat balls.
- 3Mix ground meat with cheese, bread crumbs, egg and parsley; roll into 1 1/2 to 2 inch-balls.
- 4Remove lid from soup and SLIDE balls into soup; bring back to a boil then stir in spaghetti; reduce heat and simmer soup 10 minutes more, until pasta is tender and balls have cooked through; Stir in basil and remove'Stoup" from heat, serve soup with bread and cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti and Meatball "Stoup" (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 1535.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: