Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was going to make spaghetti pie but I didn't have any ricotta or cottage cheese so I tweeked it and came up with this. My son and BF loved it! The measurements are approximate since I don't really use measuring cups when I cook, I just kinda eye it up. I hope you like it as much as we did!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 25 pepperoni slices
- 20 precooked meatballs
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add egg and Parmesan cheese to spaghetti and stir to combine (I used my hands and it worked well).
- Press spaghetti mixture into the bottom of a sprayed 8x8 glass baking dish. Cover spaghetti mixture with a layer of sliced pepperoni. Cover pepperoni with 1/2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Cook precooked, frozen meatballs according to package directions (I just microwaved them). Cut them in half. Layer the meatball halves over the cheese mixture (number of meatballs is approximate. We used smaller meatballs so adjust to cover the whole casserole).
- Combine spaghetti sauce, garlic powder and dehydrated onion flakes in a bowl. Spoon over meatball layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 c Mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti sauce mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake approximately another 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Again, the measurements for this recipe are approximately. Please adjust to your own tastes. And I didn't have any on hand but I would've like to have added cooked green peppers to the sauce. So get creative! I'm anxious to hear what combinations everyone comes up with!
My Husband and I loved this recipe. It was delicious and heated up well. I think I will add more pepperoni next time though. Thank you for the recipe.
This was a hit tonight! I agree with previous reviewer that the pepperoni adds to the flavor. I cheated a bit and just cooked frozen meatballs all day in the crockpot. Will definitely become a regular in our house, we get tired of just plain old spaghetti & meatballs!
will not cook again -- minus 3 stars this was one of the worst recipes that i have cooked from the net