Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Originally a recipe back from high school a nice version of lasagne using spaghetti.
- 300 g cooked cold spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 500 g mincemeat
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (375 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to moderate and grease an oven proof dish and place in half cold spaghetti.
- To make the meat filling, in a medium saucepan fry the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the mince and cook stirring until well browned.
- Add the tomato paste and lightly fry.
- Mix in the can of tomatoes and any seasonings you wish (salt, pepper, herbs, etc).
- Simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Place the meat filling on top of spaghetti and place the remaining spaghetti on top of meat filling.
- To make the white sauce, place butter in a medium sauce pan and until melted.
- Place in flour and over low heat cook stirring for a few seconds.
- Slowly pour in milk and cook stirring until thickened.
- Add 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- Place white sauce on top of spaghetti and meat filling and top with remaining grated cheese.
- Place in oven and cook for around 25-35 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.