Recipe by wannabechef2
This is a great dish for garlic lovers and for those who like pasta without tomato sauce. To roast the garlic youself, wrap a head of garlic in foil and bake in a 425 degree oven for about an hour. When garlic is cool, cut the tip of the head and squeeze garlic out with the back of a knife.I saw this recipe recently on Martha Stewart.
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put roasted garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta, following package directions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Thinly slice 5 cloves of garlic and finely chop the remaining 3 cloves.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet - then add the SLICED garlic and cook until brown and toasty.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chopped garlic to oil and cook until translucent (about 2 min).
- Add roasted garlic and white wine and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add spaghetti, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Then toss together.
- Sprinkle toasted garlic slices and parmesean cheese over pasta and serve.