Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here is a recipe I found online for an easy meal perfect for the whole family before the Treat or Treating fun! You can make it the night before and just pop it in the oven!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 7 ounces pimento stuffed olives
- 26 ounces prepared pasta sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, eggs and basil in a large bowl. Using the meat mixture, form about 30 small meatballs.
- To make the eyeballs, press an olive into each meatball, pimiento side out. Place the eyeballs in a baking dish, cover with the pasta sauce, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Drain and rinse the spaghetti and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent strands from sticking together. Put it on a platter or in a large serving bowl.
- Spoon the eyeballs onto the spaghetti, irises up, and spoon the pasta sauce around them.