Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful dish that tastes gourmet and is very filling and rich. I figured out this recipe after eating it at a restaurant. It was surprisingly easy to make! Though, I admit, it is not exactly a heart-smart meal.
- Directions for browned butter: Melt butter in a small pot while spaghetti is cooking.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until butter foams and rises. You will see a golden brown color when it is done.
- Remove from heat immediately and put aside.
- Grate mizythra cheese and put aside.
- Drain spaghetti once it is done.
- Serve spaghetti on plates or in bowls.
- Add about 1/4 cup of melted browned butter to each serving of spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with generous serving of mizythra. (warning: mizythra is very rich cheese).
- Some people like to add a small amount of marinara or meat sauce. Others (such as myself) enjoy it plain.
I have had this in a restaurant and loved it. Looking forward to trying this recipe. The restaurant I had this at also made it with broccolli instead of spaghetti and tastes wonderful/a little better for you if you're watching your calories and splurging at the same time.