Recipe by Bromleygirl
Fabulous and strange beetroot dish by Gary Rhodes that I just had to share with everyone if only for the amazing fuschia colour the pasta turns.
Top Review by French Tart
Beetroot, goat's cheese and pasta = Sublime flavours and a GORGEOUS colour too! We all loved this and I am recipenapping this to make for my veggie parents when I next go home to England! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 225 g fresh beetroots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 g spaghetti
- 600 ml chicken stock or 600 ml vegetable stock
- 175 g goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the beetroot for 15-20 mins until tender and skins rub off easily (remember to wear gloves!).
- Grate the beetroot or process until shredded.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Break the spaghetti into smaller pieces and add to the pan, frying until golden.
- Stir in the stock, bring to the boil and add the beetroot.
- Cook for ten minutes until the spaghetti is soft and the sauce is creamy. Add more stock if neccesary.
- At this point,taste and season. Sometimes I add a splash of balsamic to lift the flavour of the beetroot and a smattering of dried rosemary or thyme.
- Stir in half the goats cheese, and serve with rest on top.
- NB- I have done this with mozzerella which seemed to work for me.