Recipe by nitko
This meal is in fact “Pasta Bolognaise”, but this is my way of doing it. I like simple meals without too much different spices. I decided to use 500 g package of strained tomato juice because it gives nice and smooth sauce.
- 600 g ground beef
- 150 g bacon (smoked, dry)
- 150 g onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 g tomatoes (strained juice)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (grounded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram (dried)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil in a pot, and add finely sliced onion.
- Sauté it until onion becomes soft and transparent. Finely mince dry smoked bacon into very small cubes and add into beef. Finely mince garlic, salt, pepper and chili and add into beef.
- Add seasoned beef into pot and sauté until all water evaporates. Than add all (package off) tomato juice and stir. Add sugar and some oregano.
- The rest of oregano and majoran add 2-3 minutes before end. Cook about 45 minutes, or when the sauce becomes thicker.
- Serve with spaghetti and grated parmesan or any other pasta.