Recipe by Sackville
Spaghetti with anchovies and tuna is one of the easiest Italian dishes to make because most of its ingredients are cupboard staples. Because this dish contains seafood, true Italians would not add cheese on top. This recipe was created by the chefs at Giogio Locatelli in London.
- 350 g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 4 anchovy fillets, in oil,drained
- 1 (250 g) can canned tuna, drained
- 50 ml white wine
- 50 g capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry over a low heat for about three minutes.
- Add the anchovy fillets and cook very gently, then increase the heat and add the tuna.
- Toss for a few minutes, then add the white wine, letting it bubble for a couple minutes.
- Stir in the capers and tomatoes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, mix in the basil and olive oil.
- Add a little cooking water if the pasta seems too dry, then serve.