Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 plum tomatoes (Ripe)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 12 pitted black olives
- fresh chili pepper
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- If fresh tomatoes are not available, use canned Italian San Marzano tomatoes.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes if chili pepper are not available.
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of salted water until 'al dente'.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan and saute onions and garlic until onions soften.
- Add anchovies, chili pepper, tomatoes, chopped basil, parsley, and capers.
- Stir and cook gently for 8 minutes.
- Discard garlic clove, add olives, and cook just until heated.
- Serve hot over hot cooked spaghetti.
- Trim with fresh basil and freshly grated Reggiano Parmigiano cheese.
I admit I added more garlic and a little more anchovy. Otherwise, I followed the recipe, using caned tomatoes (it's winter). The result--delicious pasta.
Since 3 oz of anchovies contains 425 mg of sodium, I would guess that 2 anchovy fillets contain about 150 mg of sodium.