Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend brought this recipe home from a hunting trip to Italy. He and his group ended up in a farm house somewhere in the middle of nowhere in northern Italy, and the elderly lady threw this together to feed them. Amounts are a guess. Our friend told us "She threw olive oil, lots of parsley, shrimps, anchovis, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, pepperoni and garlic into her skillet, fied it for some minutes and then added cooked spaghetti, mixed everything and served it". I've made it many times now and always did exactly what the Italian lady did - as long as you use lots of parsley and a little less of the other ingredients, you'll never go wrong!
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 7 ounces shrimp
- 2 ounces anchovies
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup tomatoes, canned
- 2 tablespoons pepperoni, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Finely chop anchovis.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, but not to smoking point!
- Add chopped parsley, stir, then add minced anchovis, garlic, pepperoni, shrimps.
- Fry for about one minute, then add tomato paste.
- Fry for about 30 seconds, stirring, then add canned tomatoes. Stir until nicely combined and heated through, then add cooked spaghetti.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thoroughly mix until everything is combined and heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.
What a wonderful flavor surprise! I used a bit more shrimp, and loved the mix of flavors! I'd never of thought to combine pepperoni with shrimp!! Used crushed tomatoes because my son will not eat hot tomatoes unless he sees no resemblance to a tomato. LOL. A very much enjoyed weeknight "after work" easy to make meal! Thanks for sharing. Made for FYC tag game.
Mia, what a great recipe! lots of flavour, and easily prepared, lovely midweek dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed!!! Thank you, this was made for International Agents of Quest, Italy.
this is a bumped up roman style which i loved but this added more flavor i loved the addition of the anchovies . just alot of flavor cakepops on parade