Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light refreshing -- an almost no cook meal for hot days! The only work involved here is cooking the pasta.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add a tablespoon of salt and the pasta.
- Be sure all the strands are submerged.
- While that cooks combine tomatoes, mozzarella and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a saucepan until smoking hot.
- Pour over the tomato mixture.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the tomato mixture.
- Toss until well coated.
- Cover bowl and let stand about 2 minutes so the cheese begins to melts.
the only thing i would add is make sure you drain the pasta when it is very slightly undercooked as it does continue to 'soften' during the standing time. it was greatly appreciated by all my italian family and i would prepare it again. thank you.