Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray's "Express Lane Meals". I havent made this yet but I am putting it here so I dont forget about it. Iam guessing on the times.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, handful, chopped
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, to pass at the table
- Bring a big pot of water to boil for the pasta. salt it and cook the spaghetti to al dente.
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the evoo, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Place the chickpeas in a food proccessor or pulse to a fine chop.
- Add the chickpeas to the skillet with the garlic and season them with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Saute them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the wine or stock and cook down for 30 seconds or so, then stir in the tomatoes and adjust the seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Top the pasta with the parsley and grated cheese.