1/11 Photos of Spaghetti Alla Carrettiera (Thin Spaghetti With Breadcrumbs)
Apparently this dish is named in honour of a carters wife, who travelled everyday to Rome from the countryside with her donkey laden with fruit, vegetables and wine. I don't know how true that is, but it's a good simple dish made with humble ingredients, and it's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta according to instructions until al dente.
- 2Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion, garlic and parsley until lightly coloured. Add the salt oregano and plenty of pepper.
- 3At the same time, heat the remaining oil and butter in a small frying pan and sauté the breadcrumbs until golden.
- 4Drain the pasta and pour over the parsley/oil sauce then sprinkle with breadcrumbs and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Alla Carrettiera (Thin Spaghetti With Breadcrumbs)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 20.1 g